DTC Sales & Marketing Associate
The Terraces comprises 120 acres in Rutherford, California, the heart of the Napa Valley. Grapes were first planted on the ranch in the 1870s, and the Crull family has owned the vineyard since 1993. We are a true family operation with zero corporate influence. We strive to create epic wines that capture a sense of place and time. We use our experience and our craft to make each wine singular and something that we are proud of, while speaking to the vintage, to the grape and to us.
Our experience begins with an ATV tour through our vineyards, stopping at historic buildings, discussing our farming practices, and ending with a barrel tasting of our 25-year old balsamic vinegar. Following the tour, we head up to the winery for a curated tasting of 5 of our current releases.
We are currently looking for a Sales and Marketing Associate who is experienced in hospitality and marketing to join our team and to elevate the experience at the winery for our guests and take our e-commerce to a higher level. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with at least 3 years of experience in hospitality and/or Direct to Consumer Wine Sales to join our small team. We are looking for someone who has a deep passion for wine, a desire to learn more about winemaking and farming, and a serious desire to enjoy life.
The position is broken down into three main areas:
Direct to Consumer Sales – 75%
- Answer phones, book reservations, and provide customer service as needed
- Host guests: provide a comfortable, casual, and knowledgeable atmosphere to encourage and maximize sales, and maintain relationships
- Follow-up sales administrative work
- Bi-monthly outreach to current and former club members to generate community and sales
- Manage corporate gifting program
- Prepare creative, targeted emails for sales efforts using MailChimp
- Participate in the planning of winery events, on and offsite, including working with third-party vendors, and assisting with the set-up and breakdown of each event
- Assist in packing Wine Club orders for Winter, Spring and Fall shipments, and in managing any shipping issues
- Assist in growing our brand with a focus on Wine Club sign ups and retention
Marketing – 15%
- Create a monthly/yearly Marketing Calendar
- Design and execute e-commerce campaigns
- Update content on The Terraces website
- Maintain The Terraces images and digital assets
- Design collateral and sales promotions for winery + events
- Participate and be a strong presence in appropriate networking groups
- Assist with inter-winery and concierge Outreach Program
Operations – 10%
- Prepare the tasting room for guests
- Stock tasting + cellar areas with current release wines
- Order supplies when needed
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Hospitality/Sales with a Marketing focus. Experience at a Napa Valley winery a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in hospitality, sales or marketing
- A deep passion and understanding of wine and the Napa Valley. Passion for farming and agriculture a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with diverse customers and other staff members
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation along with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an energetic and dependable nature
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintaining a flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage a fluid environment
- Strong computer proficiency, with fluency in Google Docs, Pages, Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with MailChimp, Word Press, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Vinespring 3 ( or similar POS system) a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally for winery events
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Be able to walk, stand, climb stairs, lift up to 40lbs, and not be afraid to get dirty
- Able to work Tuesday through Saturday with some evenings
Benefits & Perks:
- As a full-time member of the The Terraces Team you will be able to participate in the winery’s medical, dental, vision plans.
- You will be compensated with salary commensurate with experience plus commission on DTC sales.
Please contact our Assistant Winemaker, Dominic Canizzaro at email@example.com to apply or for more information.