Zinfandel is the variety that started all at The Terraces. This is one of the three estate grown varietals and is always a Terraces favorite. The 2018 vintage show lovely aromatics of dark fruit, clove, black pepper, vanilla and toasty oak. Rich in the mid pallet, this wine coats the mouth. With a long finish this is a big wine and it will only get better with time. The soft integrated tannin and long finish draw you back for the next sip. Drink now, or age for 5-8 years.
- Vineyard: The primary Zinfandel blocks at The Terraces is between 300 and 400 feet in elevation in the eastern foothills of Rutherford. Planted in 1981, the volcanic soil, known as Rhyolite, in combination with the ‘Werle’ Family clone selection and St. George rootstock, produces intensely flavored clusters with concentrated, small yields
- Harvest: September 11 - October 24, 2018 (5 lots)
- Barrel ageing: 6 Months French Oak (neutral).
- Bottling: May 15, 2020
- Alc: 14.6%
- TA: 5.83g/L
- pH: 3.79
- Blend: 87.9% Zinfandel, 12.2% Petite Sirah
- Production: 809 cases
- Release Date: November 1, 2020